Friday, October 08, 2004

My Current Ride


My Current Ride Posted by Hello

Having spoken to some friends, I realized that some of you guys haven't seen the car that I bought. Nothing to shout about, just an old Mazda. '92 to be exact. Yes Gary a.k.a. G-Man, it's not Zoom-zoom, but Broom-brooom to you. I'd like to see you put a big bore exhaust on your Waja and let's see how it sounds with a 5" outlet. But it's gotten a new lease of life through an engine transplant, so the B8 is sitting nicely under the hood. Not much of a sleeper look, as most of you know me... I prefer not to be discreet. At least with the new Super Drager exhaust and a 3" exhaust pipping, it's a lot more quieter than when I got it off the previous owner.

Haven't exactly done much to the car since I got it. It's gotten a new paint work, courtesy of Ah Keong. Speaking of which, I gave him 11 days to complete my car and he assured me that it was more than enough time for him to finish the job. He says rest assured, that when I get back from Brisbane, I'd have my car ready for collection. For those of you who didn't know, I took the opportunity to have the car repainted when I went back to Brisbane for my convocation. Adrian's right, the next time I've got a job for Ah Keong, I'm not going to tell him that I'm going overseas or away. Just let him know when I want it and make sure I rush him for it. Now, back to the incident, after I arrived back in KL, I called Ah Keong in the morning and I asked if I can come collect the car. He said to me, "Yes, come now". I said, "OK. I'm around SS2 area, so I should be there in 5 mins". When I got there, the freaking car was still sitting inside the "oven". The rear and front lights were removed, so was the side mirrors and the wheels and other exposable parts were covered in newpaper! I got there, I shouted and cursed Ah Keong, and all he could say was, "Sorry, sorry..."

If it was like that, he should've just told me over the phone and said that the car wasn't ready and I could collect it in the afternoon. Don't make me go all the freaking way there to find that my car wasn't ready. I should've given him an 11 day post-dated cheque for that, which I didn't by the way.

Other than that, the car's had it's suspension raised and the fuel tank replaced. Probably shouldn't tweak the car anymore, not until I get a job. Have to conserve some funds for these few jobless months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home