Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Crow Bar!

Any of you who have been to Bangsar Baru, would recognize the crow problem that we have been having to put up with for so many years. It's not like City Hall has not been doing anything about the problem, but it seems that even with the crow shooting and the trimming of trees... these pesky black feathered birds are persistently multiplying!

The reason why I am venting my anger towards these ugly creatures is because they nest on the trees surrounding the junction heading into Bangsar Baru. The worst part is that they take the cars and pedestrians below as target practice. I wonder if these crows are taking side bets between themselves, saying how many cars or people they can hit below in a day. Sometimes, I just feel like taking a slingshot and giving them a piece of my mind. Just the other day I washed my car and had to wax it because a piece of crow's dropping ended up on the roof of my car. It dried and sorta stuck into the paint job, which ruined it. Washing it and scrubbing too hard may scratch the surface. Therefore, I had to resort to waxing and polishing the remains of the dropping off. Bloody crows!

Speaking of which, I got hit by crow's droppings about 10 years ago. I still remember it very well because it happened on a Friday the 13th. Talk about irony! Back then I had to walk home from school, I took Jalan Telawi and while I was walking under the trees to get some shade from the sun, a piece of crow's dropping hit me right on the left shoulder! Bugger! Thankfully I was on my way home instead of rushing somewhere for an appointment.

I should just sign up for the shooting club and take the crows out personally. I'd even do it for free without City Hall paying me. It's not that I have cruelty towards animals, but I really hate these crows! Come to think of it, how is it that Bangsar Baru became a nestling ground for these foul creatures?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home