Friday, October 21, 2005

Sad Thursday...

It started off like any other morning. Except for this Thursday, it was a gloomy sky. The rain started to fall and the sun was no where to be seen. Got to the office, heard some gossip about the PM's wife. Bless her soul, it was a sad day when I opened up thestar.com.my to find that she passed away at 7.58am that morning.

As if the news could not get any worst, I received a call from Merv at 11.30 saying that there's been a break-in at my house. In that very moment, thoughts flashed through my mind. Never in my 26 years have I felt like that. The first thing I thought of was my laptop sitting in my desk, the PS2, the TV, the DVD player and all the other things in my room. I called my dad, checked where he was. Fortunately he was out at the doctor's when I called. No one was at home, so far so good.

I could work no more. Nothing was registering in my mind. I just got up, walked straight to my manager's room and told her that my house got broken into. Took the rest of the day off. I needed to rush back to see what was missing from the house. The rain was still pouring from the sky and it got heavier as I exited the carpark from Tower B, Uptown.

When I reached my house, my dad's car was already parked inside and he was talking on the phone. I rushed in, saw the sliding doors wide open. The padlock that locked the sliding door grille was no where to be found. Walked into the house, the TV, amp, DVD player and speakers were all still there. Then it hit me, they raided the rooms. First thing I said to my dad, "My laptop's probably gone". He said, "No, it's still there on my bed". That was a relief.

I rushed straight upstairs and sure enough there it was sitting on top of my bed. Looks like that RM50 something lock really did work. They tried to take it, but too bad suckers! Though, can't say the same for my other belongings. The drawer that I locked my cash in was broken into. All the cash stolen, along with my digital camera. My clothes were thrown all over the floor. The drawers were ransacked and I thought, shit... my 3 pairs of Oakleys were probably gone too. To my surprise, beneath the pile of clothing, there it was. All three pairs, not stolen.

Though, I was missing a gold ring... My PRECIOUS...

Sigh, my parents' room was a mess. All of my mum's jewelry gone, along with cash that my dad kept in the house. These guys knew where to hit, they wasted no time and straight into the drawers in the bedroom. Fortunately no one was hurt and my laptop is still sitting here. Otherwise, I wouldn't be blogging this. What an ordeal to come home, the very home that I've lived in for 26 years. This was the first break-in and it the safe feeling that the house provided no longer exists.

Made my way to the police station in Pantai and lodged a police report. The sargeant from Brickfields came later that afternoon along with a photographer. He had his trusty camera and a finger print kit. As usual, no finger prints. Only glove marks. I curse those buggers under my breath and hope that they die a painful yet slow death. Heck, hope they suffer really good before they die. I think to myself, no use cursing. I'm sure they'll probably get what they deserve somewhere down the road.

It was a sad day, and also my condolences to the PM and his family. The news was really devastating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home