Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Work... with 50% of the manpower?

Today was probably the most tiring day that I've had in a long time. We had almost 50% of the department missing, 1 was promoted, 2 tendered their resignations, 1 was away to help out the call centre, another was on annual leave and the last one was on EL. Rudy, this is why I hate people in my department who takes EL. It really messes up everyone's schedules.

I spent most of my morning following an urgent case for my rep who went on leave. Then after that it was finishing most of the reports for last month. After I cleared that out of the way, just when I was going through my emails, my boss tells me that the rep who was on EL did not call nor show up. The rest of the day was spent doing follow ups and closing whatever that I could. It's going to be a long day again tomorrow if she does not show up.

This is the first time that I'm blogging using Merv's laptop and I must say the small form factor is just nice. The 12" screen makes it perfect to just put it on my lap in front of me. I'm typing this while laying on my bed face up. I used to do it with the Fujitsu, but that was rather heavy. With this Dell D410, it's just nice. Easy to type with and small, looks sleek.

I just received a call from Maybank today. Turns out that they have not processed my application because I have an existing Master card that was sub to me by my mum. They called me today to verify whether I was going to cancel that card and I told them yes... for God's sake, kill the card if it's going to expedite the approval. These people really do take their time with the work. Kinda reminds me of the old government run departments.

I still recall going in to Customs to apply for a CJ5 form for importation of goods exempted from tax. If you went at the wrong time, you'd be made to wait for them to finish their morning tea. I mean, these people clocked in for hardly 3 hours are out on a tea break. You could set your watch by their department. They go according to breaks just like clockwork, never missing a second.

It was so busy today that I totally forget to collect the cheque book from RHB on behalf of Yen's aunt. Must make mental note to remember to collect it tomorrow. Heck, what's with the mental note, it just goes missing like most of the post it notes that I have with me. I must say, ever since getting rid of the pocket PC, I'm having problem remembering things. People always say that paper is a lot easier, but most of the time, I loose the papers itself. There's no backup!

Which brings me to my topic, where's the backup? I mean we are having a crisis here in the department and the boss isn't even worried or bothered that her department staff are suffering. I can see it in their faces, the amount of work that should be done by 13 people are being pushed to the 7 young brave souls. They cringe the moment they step into the office and do not clock out till it's late. As for me, I couldn't be bothered. I'll just leave the moment the time comes. I've had my share of staying back late and I must say, to hell with it! They are not paying me enough to sit through hell and come back in one piece.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, it's ok if you're the boss. :)

5:50 PM  
Blogger HT said...

Nahh, it was because of her incompetence that lead to that situation...

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home