Monday, March 21, 2005

Recovered from the fever

So the hottest race is over! One of the many events that I look forward to in the year. The Malaysian Grand Prix! But again, I've missed out on the race. Didn't manage to buy the tickets as I didn't want to settle for the Hill Stand that Kelvin and gang bought. Was hoping that Merv could get some complimentary tickets, but that fell through. At least following the race on the telly was good, we had our snacks, drinks and an airconditioned room. Nothing beats being out of the heat.

As expected, Ferrari didn't do much better than they did in Australia. Then again, they were using a 2004 spec car, hence it wasn't on par with the other teams. Come to think of it, they've been doing that for the past few years but I guess this time the other teams caught up and have proven that they have what it takes to over throw the defending champions.

Over the weekend, there's been a series of events that took place in the city. There was that street performance from the Sauber Petronas team, which I missed. Managed to catch a bit of the action on Race Day, the program which Star Sports air before the race. The qualifying race was interesting. Amazing that Toyota improved over the winter, which I supposed is about time. They've only been in Formula one for a short time and the amount of money that they were spending on promotions really surprised a lot of people. There was that event in Dragon Bar, where they had the Toyota Rev Party. I was invited for it, but unfortunately I had other engagements. Damn, missed the race queens. Saw some pics of the Denso, Panasonic and Toyota girls in the newspaper! Makes you wanna droooool!

Anyway, must've been the weather. Although we were watching the race from an aircond room at Merv's place, I fell sick anyway. Had a bad fever that night. After dinner with Merv, Wan Yee and Gary at SS2, I went back feeling worst than ever. It's been a while since I've fallen ill. More like 2 years and a half! Ever since I went to Australia it's been a while since I've gotten sick. But then again, not drinking enough water and eating that sirloin steak with fries for dinner the night before probably didn't help much either

Didn't do much over the weekend either as the gang took it really easy. On Saturday we were supposed to go test drive a Mini, but Naza was out of stock! The last time I drove a Mini was in the Gold Coast. Managed to rent one for like A$ 75 per day. Damn, it was expensive! Though the sight of the other magnificent marques did improve my mood significantly in the showroom. A whole bunch of luxury sports cars, the ones that I can only dream about. A Ferrari F355 Berlinetta F1, a Ferrari 575 Maranello, a Porsche Carrera GT2, the Lamborghini Murcielago and Gallardo, a Bentley Continental, two BMW 6 series, a Z4, SLRs, SLKs... ahhhhh.. what else could a guy ask for? Oh yea, I think I can. I would've loved to hear them being fired up and being able to take them for a test run. Somehow after looking at these gorgeous sports cars, the RX8 and the Evolution VIII didn't seem so appealing anymore.

Was really looking forward to another Ferrari win this weekend, but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully with the release of the 2005 car, they will pick up the pace. All you other teams, watch out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home