Thursday, April 05, 2007

Comparing hp and Compaq

I was pondering this question this afternoon while chatting with Chin Hooi. What is the difference between hp and Compaq?

We all know that hp owns Compaq these days. So are the built qualities getting better? If they are, then why are Compaqs still being sold cheaper as compared to hp's Pavilion series?

So he used this analogy, something that I could comprehend with that thick skull of mine. A hp is pretty much like a Lexus, solid and luxurious. A Compaq on the other hand would be your Toyota. So one's a GS300 and the other's a plain ol' Camry. Now that really made sense immediately!

Well, today's a lot more easier as compared to yesterday. It's been so long since I've worked on traces and it felt really wierd. It's like going into the swamp and getting your hands dirty. Really putting your fingers in the muddy waters and doing the labour. It was quite a hectic day yesterday compared to today. I could see most of my agents having more free time to browse the Net. Usually, they'll be piled up with work that they have time to even go to the toilet.

You could tell when it was going to be an easy day at the office. Time moves a little slower, it took ages to reach lunch time. And today, I remembered to pick up Yen's aunt's cheque book. You see, when it is hectic, you really can't remember what you're supposed to do until it's too late.

So, I have made my choice to buy the "Lexus" of the laptops. I'm not saying that the Toyota isn't good, it's just that the Lexus would make it a more worthwhile buy. Come to think of it, it is true. You see, the Pavilion has a nicer finish as Ming Tzern puts it, pretty much like how a Lexus has a better looking car than the Toyota. You know that the Lexus has been engineered by the Japanese to become the number assassin to the German marques out there. Who could have ever thought that a Japanese brand could outsell German marques in the US?

I couldn't believe it either until I looked at one and got into one. I still remembered getting into an ES300, one of the more rarer models. My mum's boss had one and when I got into the driver's seat, the meter cluster was all blacked out. Bear in mind this was like 1997. When you inserted the key, the steering column automatically adjusted itself downwards and the meter cluster illuminated. Now this was quality. Back then Bimmers and Mercs only had the standard meter clusters that had a orangish hue that made it look old. Lexus was first to come up with illuminated dials that lit up when you inserted the key in. Now that was a leap in technology!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home