Sunday, September 09, 2007

Al Diafah

I took a day off on Monday to laze back after the hectic moving and supposed systems testing on Saturday night. We stayed back till 10.30pm, and the IT boffins still could not get the network up. I decided, since it'll be up and running on Monday, I think I had better take a leave for the first day of work at the new site. Gremlins would start appearing.

So I called up Yaz and Merv, arranged to have lunch with them. Yaz recommended this place called Al Diafah, located somewhere in Sri Petaling, quite close to the store. The owner has spent RM 2mil on this place and I thought it'll be a place to check out. Of course not to be rude, I didn't start snapping pictures of the interior, though I had a feeling that the manager would not mind. The place is filled with small items directly imported from the Middle East, all the gold pots and fittings. Very nice place and it had class to it. The food was quite reasonable, we ordered Hommus, something that I've always wanted to try, but have not had the chance. Best part, this cost like RM 6.00 per plate. The set lunch, which we had was the mixed gril, a piece of nicely grilled lamb, flavourful. A piece of chicken, seasoned with tumeric and two pieces of nicely seasoned beef. This was only RM 12.90, plus a drink called Vimto, something like Ribena mixed with F&N Strawberry. There was also a complimentary dessert, chopped fruits dipped in Rose Syrup.

The meal was good and I could not complain about the price. It was cheap and judging by the amount of Chinese patrons there at that time, I knew it was going to be reasonable. You know, it's funny, we Chinese love to eat and we love bargains. You know if there are a lot of Chinese in a restaurant, you know that the price is right. Especially this place. After lunch, Merv headed off, and Yaz and I headed to Megamall for a little coffee.

We tried D'lish, just opened right opposite Starbucks. I had this Baked Banana Cheese cupcake, I forget the full name and it was just delicious. However, it was no substitute for the Banoffee Pie from Delicious, but it was still something delightful.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home