Saturday, September 01, 2007

Independence day

Once again, our proud nation has celebrated it's Independence day. The 50th, so after 50 years what have we achieved?

Come to think of it, I have not celebrated Merdeka for 5 years. It all started when I left for Brisbane, Australia in 2003. I came back in 2004 and after that I was working for FedEx, serving the Singapore market. So every 31st of August, I'm busy working away in the office.

I have forgotten how the parade looks like and what's changed. I recall there would be armed forces and cultural events taking part in the parade. I could remember that there were jets soaring in the skies. All that is just a memory now that I'm forced to work on every public holiday in Malaysia that does not coincide with Singapore.

Today's moving day in the office. We're shifting from Tower A and B to Tower C in Uptown 5. Just above McDonald's now. Sigh, my schedule's at 1200hrs and I'm to supervise during that hour. It gets even more interesting, tonight there'll be a systems test once they've moved the server room. So if they buggered up the connections, come Monday, we'll have no operations. This will be interesting indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Ong said...

Very patriotic of you. I don't think I ever do anything to celebrate this day before.
A word of consolation. Next year celebration is on a Sunday so you may go to whatever parade there is you want to go.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home