Sunday, November 13, 2005

Honda Civic RX

My future ride Posted by Picasa


Well, I've been contemplating on buying a car ever since Wan Yee decided to get his car. He eventually settled in supporting our local car industry and went back to buying a Proton. This will be his third, and it will be the third different range in the Wira family. First the sedan, then the two door hatch and now his third Proton will be the Aeroback, the 4 door hatchback.

As for me, I know I mentioned in my blog that I would be getting a turbo car if I ever do change. I was looking at the Evo range, but they are a little steep in pricing. Same goes for the Subarus, the WRXs are also quite pricey. So I thought about settling for a Honda Civic.

I picked up a copy of the latest Motor Trader, and saw the above picture of the Honda Civic RX. This is a limited edition that was released by Honda Malaysia in 2003 and I was quite interested in it when it was launched. Unfortunately, in 2003 I was in Australia and this model was not available there. Anyway, I flipped through Motor Trader and found this car laying in the stock yard. Went there with my documents today to inquire about the price and loan.

I took it out for a test drive. The car was parked behind two other cars. There was a C180 and a Proton Wira in front of it. The guy started all the cars and I asked whether he started the Civic. To my surprise, it was already started and I could not hear the engine on idle. Talk about not being used to a quite car. Well, took it out for a spin, the engine's nothing to shout about. Quite alright, but most important of all is the comfort that this car provides.

Somehow, I hardly see the RX models on KL roads. Honda produced like a few thousand of them, but I've only seen this car once or twice in KL. They are pretty rare. Looks like this will be my ride once the loan is approved. Can't complain much, as it is very comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home