Thursday, April 05, 2007

One freaking day before holiday, all hell breaks loose!

A recurrence of Tuesday's nightmare. The staff who was on EL, was again absent from work. Ever had one of those days where you know things would go wrong?

It started off with my pants, a pair of Renoma khakis that was bought less than a year ago. I found pink patches on it and I immediately knew who's clothes had affected it in the wash. My stupid, useless, bum of a sister who had purchased a cheap piece of cloth that she calls a blouse... The red dye was of course unwashable and it caused part of pants to have a pinkish plot around the cuffs of my pants.

After that, an SMS came in, the staff who had messed up my day's schedule again said that she will be on MC, so a sick leave again. Strike two! My boss immediately gave me a ring and asked if I was at the office. I said no and she informed me that she will be in the call centre overseeing from there and asked me to arrange and take care of the department accordingly. In my mind, I was already summing it all up to be a shit day. One freaking day before holiday, all hell breaks loose!

I got to the office without any hiccups. Got a copy of the Sun from the foyer and took the lift straight up. Again with 50% manpower, we had to struggle through the eve of the public holiday. First news that hit me, inbound flight delay. Sigh, this was turning out to be a swell day.

I didn't manage to do much of my work, I had to follow up for my rep who did not turn up. By mid day, things started to slow down. There were less calls going into the call centre and they had met their service level by the end of the day. I managed to complete the backlogs and went to finishing most of my audits.

Then when I came home, the darn Internet was not working. I tried switching modems and yet I could not connect. I dialed the streamyx hotline and they diagnose it to be a timeout issue. My line was still connected, for the past 6 1/2 hrs. That explained why I could not connect. Who fault it was? Well, the genius sister again.

Today was also Rahkee's last day with us. So, looks like the Malaysian team will be facing the crisis that I'm going through right now. They have had 3 resignations so far and from what I've heard another will be leaving by the end of the month. Just when you thought things could not get any better. Either something is deeply wrong with the department or it's just bad management skills. I would think it is the latter.

Yen tried to cheer me up tonight, which I am grateful. We went for Bakuteh in Jln Ipoh. She still brightens up my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home