Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Talk about mid-day hooky and playing Mahjong...

I haven't had much time to write any entries into my blog. But then again I've been trying to keep myself busy. At least going out and not staying at home. It's really depressing come to think of it. It's like trying to do a balancing act, on one hand I am trying not to spend too much money and on the other, I want to get out of the house! It's just driving me up the wall!

Woke up to an early Monday. The night before was spent watching Manchester United beat Arsenal, followed by the last race of the Formula One season. Football was exciting as my favourite team won. Sad to say, Ferrari didn't claim their usual first position win, but nevertheless, it was an interesting race.

The race finished at around close to 2.30am, and after watching the post-race comments and all, I only managed to sleep around close to 4am. At 10am, my mum rang me on the cell and told me that she was coming home from Penang and asked me to pick her up. At least I was woken up first, then followed by a call from Merv asking me to come downstairs and go for breakfast with Zoe. Naturally, I told them to go ahead and that I'll meet them there.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty interesting. It must be nice to work for large corporations or to have a job that gives you unlimited freedom. OK, I shall cut Wan Yee some slack. The only reason he was able to join us for a session of afternoon mahjong was because his office had a power failure and there was no incentive for him to return there. Though, on his defence, he did find a power access point with power, but his manager needed the juice for his pc to finish up some work. Though I can't say the same for our dear friend Rudy. I was kinda shock to hear from Merv that he was going to join us for mahjong during 'lunch' hour. Azuan was there as the replacement for Rudy, when his one and a half hour lunch break was over. Hehehe.

And Merv, thanks for the beef tenderloins and chicken wings! They were deeeeelicious! Hmmm, wonder will we be doing this again on next Monday? Rudy? Wan Yee? Any comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home