Thursday, January 13, 2005

Major Blackout... Again???

Was woken up this morning by Zoe saying that she wanted to go breakkie on last time before leaving for Europe. Looked at the time, it was 10.15. Considering I slept at 4am yesterday after much twisting and turning. Must've been the Initial D kicking in. Hmm, I think it's time I get myself a Logitech Momo. Hehehehehe...

Told Zoe that I'd pick her up at 10.30am. Needed to get up early anyway, had a resume with Carlsberg that I needed to send out. Went downstairs and saw a cutting of the same ad. Hmm, my dad must've been worried that I wasn't looking in the classifieds. Hehe, thought to myself, "I'm one step ahead of ya, mate".

Anyhow, went over picked up Zoe and went to the middle shop in Lucky Gardens. Parking was easy as it wasn't lunch hour yet. Got there, sure enough, Zoe ordered her usual Pan Mee. I went for the Pork Ball Noodles. Yumz. I didn't notice the amount of pills (vitamins) that Zoe had on the table on top of the tissues. There were like 10 different pills! I asked her what they were and she said Vitamins. Now that's a lot of vitamins to be taking. I get mine from good ol' oranges and whatever fruits I can find in the house. Hehehe.

Decided to go pick up a pressie for Shuk Khuen. Nice of Zoe to tag along cause I really appreciate the opinions. Not too good shopping for gifts. In the end settled for a teddy bear from Russ. Nice. Now you won't find one in my car anytime soon, that's unless it's given by someone important. But no worries, my car has no room for cute teddy bears. Bleh!

After that walked around Megamall, wanted to go grab a cuppa Joe but as we were nearing the entrance of my favourite drinking hole, the freaking lights go off and everyone went, "OOooooohhhhh". Me, being the moron and bumpkin wanted to see what's all the fuss about. Turns out the place went blackout. At first I thought someone blew a fuse or something. Then there was a guy who was walking by us talking on his cellphone, "What? Sungai Besi is affected too???" That does not sound good...

Zoe and I walked around a bit, see how it was to walk in Megamall without lights. Thought it would be pitch black in Metrojaya, but turns out their emergency lights were brighter than anything I've even seen! It puts all the other emergency lights to shame. You walk by the Levi's shop and see just one spotlight shinning down. Metrojaya was almost flooded with lights! There should be an ordinance saying that during a crisis of blackout each shop should be allocated a certain amount of emergency lights. Clearly, Metrojaya had the most! Too bad for the other shops.

We walked to one end and back to the centre. Thinking that it was taking too long to be a small power trip, she suggested that we leave the place. True enough, the blackout lasted almost an hour. Went downstairs and it was completely dark! Now that's where the 262K colour screen phone comes in handy! Bright as a torchlight, it guided us to my car. I love my LG. Made our way to the car, I started it up and we headed straight out. One of the boom gates was opened, and then I thought, "Dammit! SHouldn't have paid for parking". But then again, it was only 1 ringgit. No biggie.

Ended up driving around Bangsar, Sri Hartamas and Mont Kiara. Everywhere, all without electricity. Thought it was kinda major, but some of the intersections had traffic lights. Couldn't be that bad, right? Drove all the way to the Curve and then behold, Light! Went straight into the carpark... OK, I drove past the carpark wanting to fill some gas, but the freaking Petronas station wasn't opened! Darn it.. got conned again! Drove back into the Curve and headed straight for Starbucks. Ahhhhh Latte and Tiramisu. Yes, I had a craving from the movie I saw yesterday afternoon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home