Saturday, March 26, 2005

Hitched by 30?

Alright, it's been some time since I've written anything into my blog. Anyway, here's an interesting dinner conversation, which Merv brought up. Since seeing that most of us are single at the moment, to put the motivation in looking for a life partner, we've set up a dateline for us to get a steady girlfriend or hitched, or whichever comes first. I hope it isn't the latter. If we are still single by the time that we turn 30, in the middle of the year, that's June 2009, we'd all need to make a pilgrimage to a Thai village across our national borders to marry a Thai wife. This is something that I've gotta see! Honestly I don't think that any of them would have the, pardon my French, balls to even do this!

As I was telling them, it's going to be interesting to see that in the event that we marry a Thai wife, I can see us out on a Sunday family outing, the guys will be sitting on one table speaking English and our wives would be sitting on the next table speaking in Thai! Now that's a sight! I can't imagine what the kids would be speaking.... Thaiglish?

Rudy's apparently pulled out from the agreement. I think he doesn't wanna be pressured into a forced marriage. Come to think of it, that leaves us a time frame of less than four years to find a steady girlfriend. Hey, is there some judging or scrutinizing team set up to assess if the claims of the girlfriend is genuine or made up? I mean, those fellas who are really not up to marrying a Thai wife would probably be forced into finding someone to stand in as a girlfriend and weather the storm. After that date, it's bye bye stand-in girlfriend. I've always had a fancy for Thai girls. Back in Brisbane I was always bugging my housemate to introduce some Thai girls to me. Too bad that I've graduated and left Brissie, sigh, and the Thai girls have gone back to Thailand. It's hard to keep in touch through Messenger.

So who's in for the pact? I know Merv, Wan Yee and I are. Rudy's pulled out, chicken! Haven't told the rest of the clique yet. I'd imagine Azuan and Khay Hoi would be in. Alright guys, good luck in finding your respective girlfriend/steady/wife. Otherwise it's pack your bags and fly to Thailand to choose your wife in June 2009. Time's ticking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home