Thursday, May 05, 2005

God of War

God Of War Posted by Hello


This is the best game I've played on the PS2! I got to know about it from Rudy and it's been a very addictive game. For those of you who enjoy Greek mythology, this is really a MUST have. It's rated mature though, so be prepared for very gory game play and offensive graphics. Just the way I love my games! I'd pick this to be the game of the year!

It comes complete with Cyclops, Hydras, Medusa, Oracle and of course who can forget, the title of the game itself, Ares the God of War. You play Kratos, a spartan who the Gods of Olympus has called upon to do the dirty job of stopping the God of War himself. As a mortal, you get some pretty nifty magic such as Medusa's Gaze to turn Minotaurs into stone and whipping them to shreds in one cool move. Or even get Poseidon's Rage or have a throw of Zeus' Fury... yes you get to harness lightning bolts and throw them at pesky archers from long range.

Unfortunately the copy that I am playing at the moment is not too good. It's hung at a certain stage, the Temple of Pandora. Damn, I was really looking forward to opening that Pandora's Box to see what's really in there. Just caught an episode of Charmed from Season 7 where they had to stop a demon from opening Pandora's Box. Of course we all know that the box holds all the worst things in the world such as misery, famine, etc. etc. etc. But in the game, you'll need Pandora's Box to help you fight Ares himself. I mean how does a mortal stand up against a Greek god?

For those of you with new TV sets that supports HDTV, it will be a good thing to note that this games supports that and a widescreen format. As you can see from the screen shots, the graphics are really to die for!

Looks like I'll have to put this game on hold for the moment until I return it and get a better copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home