Saturday, December 31, 2005

Time Really Flies

It's been three weeks since I got my car and it really does seem like yesterday when I went to pick up the car from the dealer in Old Klang Road, well it was more like Sunway near Kontena Malaysia. The first few weeks are always a headache when one picks up a second hand car. I thought it being a two year old car, there won't be much headaches, but I was wrong. Firstly, the battery that they gave me for the car was a little dodgy. I was contemplating on switching it over from my Mazda, but in the end I just left it where it was.

Secondly, I had the tyres changed and lock nuts added. The second week was spent having the sound system installed. The sub and the amp went back where it should belong. It was sitting under my bed gathering dust, think of it as a long vacation for them. While the car was in the accessories shop, I found one little mess. The carpets on the passenger side was wet, literally soaked. I was thinking, "Gosh, not another leaky car". At first I was hoping that it was the aircond water, but later on it kept getting wetter and wetter. The soundproofing material was soaked. I had to tear it out to have them dried for a week before I could put it back in. It was on Christmas eve when I took my car to SS2 and had a major service performed. The bill came to about a thousand ringgit. Had to have the radiator top replaced as the bleed valve was cracked. The brakes were crappy and I changed the transmission fluid. Didn't know that Honda fluids cost double the price of normal automatic transmission fluids.

At the same time the spark plugs were almost burnt. I remember reading a week ago about the new Iridium sparks, which costs RM 65 per piece. They last about 80,000 km and I thought what the heck. Told Ah Heng to change it anyway. Then it was down to the leaky part. Ah Heng inspected the interior and it looked more like it was coming from the windscreen. He took a hose, sprayed water on the windscreen and sure enough, water was dripping inwards like an open wound. Dammit, more troubles. That was when I paid a visit to Ah Keong. Come to think of it, I have never been to his shop ever since he moved. It took him the usual one whole day thing to get the car fixed. Sigh, that bit still is the same.

Well, hopefully now the car's up and running. Everything's been serviced except for the timing belt and water pump. It'll be another 10,000 to 15,000 km more before I have to do that. In the mean time, I'm gonna have to build up a buffer in my savings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home