Thursday, January 11, 2007

Quiet for sometime... GTA Muthaf***ker! 10 points!

Yes, Rudy's right... it's been a while since I've really sat down and written about anything. Since I can't talk about work due to the sensitivity of getting into trouble, I won't. But all those who see my nick on MSN, FedFuckingEx is really a nice nick ain't it? I make reference to the Sopranos. In one episode, Chris, Tony Soprano's nephew stole some watches and tried to sell it to the his crew. He said, "I stole it off the FedFuckingEx van". Realizing this, Tony hits Chris on the head and gives him a lecture about it being a state offence. Heck, they are dealing with drugs and guns, the big stuff. He does not want his crew to get caught for "minor" offences. SO that's where all the watches and jewelry went!

Being busy with my other half is just half the story. Most of my other free time is being dedicated to the PS2 - GTA San Andreas. Thanks Azuan for the copy, yes, it's definitely more fun than Vice City Stories. And Liberty City Stories for that matter, cause I've just completed it on the PSP. Ahh yes, my new toy. A part-X'mas gift from Yen. Thanks darling! Now I have entertainment when you are out doing your shopping. Of course I know when not to whisk it out, especially when my opinions are required.

I still remember once when I whipped it out in a shoe shop in Megamall. A kid who was sitting next to me kept staring at the screen. Fortunately I was playing Need For Speed: Carbon, so no vulgarity there. Had I been playing GTA Liberty City Stories, his mum's going to have a hard time explaining what the words like, "Cap, Fuck and Whack" meant.

I still remember not liking the game in the beginning. But I just sat down and tried the PSP version of the game and I immediately fell in love with the whole story. What's better than stealing cars, shooting people and doing drive-bys? Of course Yen would beg to differ, but it's really just a game and it's fun! I still get a snicker everytime I play any of the series.

Liberty City Stories makes reference to the Sopranos. The character you play is Antioni Cipriani. Funny that the Sopranos' lead character's name is Anthony Soprano. See the similarity? And you play a Mafia hitman who's been to jail and is back out trying to get back into the game. You eventually make your way up and end up being a Capo. Nice!

I'm currently stuck playing San Andreas now. It's a whole new level. Lots of things that you can do like get tattoos for your character, boost cars that you can now mod, boost lowrider cars that you can add hydraulics to and basically dress and change your character's outlook. Drive-bys are a lot more fun now that you can run a crew. Yes, you get to recruit gang members and go shooting the opposing crews and fight for territories. Making money is a hell lot more fun now that you can do buglary missions. Now I see why there was sucha big commotion when the game was first released.

Bottom line, would I let my kid play this game? The answer would be "Nope!"

And making a quick reference to a character that Mike Epps played in Resident Evil: Apocalypse - where he drives around the zombie infested Raccoon City. He runs one down and yells out "GTA Muthaf***ker!". After he hits the zombie he drives off saying, "10 points!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay. welcome back. :)

2:46 PM  
Blogger HT said...

Thanks! It's long overdue

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home