Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Changes

So, there's going to be a major reorganization. I for one was not prepared for it. At first, I thought that they'd probably be moving us regionally to support a different country. That was management's first plan after all. We'd be the chess pieces to be moved around until they get a right mix. I would say for the present the formula was at it's stable mix. However, after two major pieces tendered their resignation, I would say that prompted management to re-think their game plan and to move the pieces around once again. It's entered a do or die situation. The one word here was desperate.

I wouldn't want to dwell too much into the details as I for one do not blog about company matters on personal blogs. I mean, the changes are directly affecting a lot of people. I will still remain where I am for the current time, however my workload's going to be doubled. Yes, that means even longer hours in the office and even more chances of being labelled the office furniture. Heck, since I'll be at work so much longer, I'd better set up a sleeping area there as well. Sigh, plenty of things to come.

So as they say, when upper management makes a decision, we down at the bottom of the chain of command will have to take the orders blindly. I would imagine this would be something like when President Bush ordered an attack on Iraq. The president makes executive decision and the military is expected to take the orders. No questions asked. You just bite the bullet and take the heat. March on to fight the war and hope you come back alive.

Funny how this reflects much in real life. I can see that there are bound to be changes. Sometimes change is a good thing, it happens with relationships, at work and even in your life. So far, the previous job that I had never had a major re-organization. I would say, changes to me is a very new thing. Looks like I'll just have to soldier on and we'll see where I'll end up from there. If this has thought me one thing, don't get too comfortable with where you are at the moment. Enjoy every moment of your life and make sure you live it to the fullest.

Ever had a life changing epiphany?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home