Saturday, May 13, 2006

Interesting Question

OK. So the 30 year old dateline is currently getting closer as we speak. A colleague of mine actually read about that blog and found it to be quite funny. So if by 30, if I'm not in a steady relationship, I would have to purchase a wife from across the border. When that was brought up last year, it seemed like I had plenty of time. Now, that another year has passed, it would seem that time is catching up. I know that the rest of the guys are not taking this challenge too seriously. So should I?

Anyway, we got to talking and it does seem that with all the hours that we put into work, there is really not much left for social life. It's either that or it's just an excuse that people make up for the lack of effort in going out to meet people. To put things into perspective, it is much easier to talk the talk. But can we actually walk the walk?

Being very self-conscious is part of our society. I mean most of us are very worried about how people would look at us or think of us. My colleague actually said that I am the kinda guy who would be a very commanding husband. The typical Chinese husband who does not do any housework nor would offer to help out his wife with any chores. THe kind of alpha male, who would only sit around reading the magazine, or watch TV after dinner while his wife is to wash the dishes. Strangely I was quite surprised on why she said that I displayed that kind of character. I mean, was I displaying typical alpha male behaviour at work?

So why do we work late hours? Work our asses off and not have a life? Actually looking back, ever since I've joined FedEx, my social hours have really been cut down. It's almost none existent. Finding the time to meet up with friends is a luxury and when they end up getting married one by one, where will you be left? But then again, 30 is not for another 3 years, so there's still plenty of time, or is there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home