Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Night Out in Hard Rock KL

So, Merv decided that dinner would be a burgers. What sort of burgers? I was thinking that he wanted to go for Chilli's. How wrong I was...

Well, instead of driving down, we decided to take a cab there. HRC was located along Jalan Sultan Ismail, right next to Concorde hotel. We got in and was told that the waiting list was about 45 minutes long. Thanks to Wan Yee's bro, who has the All Access card, a seat was made available to us within 5 minutes. Sweet.

You know, in all the years that it's opened in KL, this was the first time that I've been there. The first thing that I noticed in HRC was not the wall plaques filled with the autographs of celebraties, but the amount of Americans in the place. Everywhere you looked, there was an American. At first I thought that it was close to Ampang, and there was the embassy there. However, upon closer observation I noticed that the spotted Navy haircuts. Most looked like servicemen and thanks to today's newspapers we confirmed that there was a ship in town, the USS Ronald Reagan.

Now, back to that burger. The moment he mentioned that he wanted burger, he wanted the legendary HRC 10 oz burger. Yes, the whole 10 oz burger that you'd get in any HRC restaurant in any part of the world. Man, I could've sworn that it was too much. It was delicious, a whole 10 oz beef patty, coupled with two slices of cheddar cheese, a piece of bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and in the middle of the cheese there was a slice of deep fried onion ring. It's served in the good ol' old American style, with fries. I was having second thoughts, and after eating it halfway through, I felt very full. That's going to be the first and the last time I try this. It's just too much to eat and I just had problems walking after that.

Throughout the night there Merv was commenting how many celebrity lookalikes he saw, there was a Michael Rosenbaum who plays Lex Luthor in Smallville. Then there was this dude who I pointed out that looked like P.Diddy, with the bling-blings and the Gucci sunglasses. There was a Sean Paul lookalike at the DJ booth, I figured, he was a local. Unless, Sean Paul was really in town and I didn't know about it. Finally there was this dude who looked like Charles Barkley. I would say, that night, 50% of the crowd were Americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home