Thursday, February 22, 2007

BMW Training Instructor





Managed to get my hands on the application for the trainer in BMW's Driver Academy. Basically it's an 11 day intensive training course on how to train a driver for the academy. There's a minimal requirement, just 5 yrs driving experience and have a clean record. Since tehre's not much commitment, thought I'd just email them my application.

Called them up yesterday and they informed me that it is not a full time position, it's something that I can do over the weekend. Basically there are two types of qualifications, one is the attendee and the other is a certified instructor. Of course being a certified instructor you'll paid to conduct training sessions over the weekends in Sepang over the coming months. According to the ad, you'll be well compensated for your time.

The only catch is that once you have passed the interview, you'll need to commit 11 days to atttend the training camp, which will be held in both Cyberjaya and Sepang. I would dread the classroom lectures, but gimme the practicals anyday. Saw some pics and it featured a skidpan with slalom course, which means sideways action. It's been a long time since I've gotten behind a rear-wheel drive car and this would seem like a good time to get re-acquainted. To think that you'll be able to do it with a BMW, it gives me more motivation to take the course.

The downside however is that I'll need to be taking a 6 days leave. Which is kinda a waste of my leave, but come to think of it... if I make the instructor's qualification, then I'm gonna get paid for this. What more can you ask for? Who's gonna give you a few hundred thousand Ringgit car for you to trash around the track?

Pictures taken from James Deakin's website: http://www.pbase.com/cmanaginged/bmw_driver_training

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home