Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fireworks?




Here are two pics that I managed to take after the reunion dinner. We headed for my aunt's house in Menglembu. When we arrived my cousin was busy lighting up crackers, literally!

They were in a shape of a small ball. One larger and the other smaller, and of course the bigger one was one hell of a popper. It's basically enclosed in a small plastic shell, probably packed with so much gun powder, if you held it your hands would probably be spattered all over the floor. When it explodes, the plastic shell shatters and is sent all over the place. If it hits your leg, it kinda stings. I had hearing problems after a while.

After a while, my cousin took out this huge rocket that looked like a match stick. Yes, that's exactly what it looks like. The shape of a match stick, that was large enough for a BFG (Big F-ing Giant)! I took a snape shot of the rocket and had a close up to one of my niece's tricycle for you to picture the size of the damn thing. Well, my cousin took out a metal pole, stuck it to the ground and shoved the rocket into the pole. He lit it up and I was half worried that the pole would fall off balance from the soft sand that he shoved it into. What's the worst? The damned thing could have headed in our direction, won't be a pretty sight if it shot at the direction that I was standing at.

In the end, the rocket made it up there and lit the sky beatifully. I was too slow in getting the picture. Damned auto focus.

Then it suddenly hit me, were the cops going to lay low during this festive period? They seemed to be on a rampage lately catching that bunch of hooligans riding on motorcycles a.k.a. Mat Rempits. According to my cousin, he said if the cops came, deny everything. "Of course you'd be busted, what did ya think?" Kinda relaxing when my aunts were playing mahjong. The thought of being hauled into the station and being shaved balled wasn't exactly inviting. So instead, I just sat back, watched the fireworks and mahjong. Gambling on first day, ZERO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home