Sunday, February 04, 2007

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!









Yesterday was my first encounter with the Wii. Andrew's Wii to be precise. I've read a lot of reviews and have seen a lot of promos on X-play and various Tech Channels and I must say this is one hell of a machine that Nintendo has come up with.

These are a few of the pictures that I've taken when we were at Andrew's place putting the little machine through it's paces. It's remarkable, I would not disagree with every review that I've read. To play it hands-on, it's one heck of a party piece. Best played with a big screen as demonstrated here.

I had a little problem with the bowling as when your Wii remote misses the ray's sensors, it will tilt the ball a bit. Yes, Merv made a comment that it's the same way I bowl in real life. The curve ball tactic. Most of the time it turns too early and ends up in the gutter.

Then there was tennis, and this is one fun game. Where else can you enjoy a good game of tennis, in an air-conditioned environment and still move your body, whilst getting a good workout?

Yes, the Wii is indeed a wonderful machine, it has real time news channels, shopping channels and of course the weather channel. I mean, I'm still a Sony die-hard fan, but a Wii is a must have for those days that when you just feel like letting your hair down and play a game that does not require much thinking. Just follow the hand actions and you'll be going, "Wiiiiiiiiiii" as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home