Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Job Change Failure

Today, I got a call from the company that I went for interview with. Apparently, the brand manager who has been pending my resume felt that she did not want another freshie and decided to pass on taking me into the department. According to the HR person who called me, she wanted someone with FMCG experience.

As for my resume, it will be KIV and if there is anything suitable that pops up, she will inform me and call me up for the interview. Sigh, looks like I'll still be in this department for some time. It's not like I do not have hope in the other company, they have spent money sending me for the aptitude tests and all, so they'll be keeping my resume for anything that may be suitable for me.

To be honest, I'm not keeping my hopes up anymore. I mean, I did thank her for her gesture in calling me and being diplomatic. She didn't want to shut the door by sending me a "Thank you for your application, but unfortunately..." letter. So I guess that's a good option to leave the door open.

For the time being, it's back to job searching and also to the drawing board. Sigh, this really is a sucky start to the new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home