Monday, February 26, 2007

Outdoor Photography






Was over at Yen's house in Bahau over the weekend. These photos were taken in the morning when I was experimenting with the different light sources for my K800i. To be honest, there's so much features for the Cybershot that I don't even use all of them. But after trying out the few different functions, it does take very beautiful pictures. Take the example of the bug that I took on a leaf, the focus on this thing is really remarkable. For a camera phone, it does put a lot of other digital cameras to shame with the quality of the photos that this phone can produce.

There was a pot of yellow hibiscus that was planted by Yen's mum. It looks rather fascinating and I thought I'd take a picture of it. Upon closer inspection, there was a small spider on it and I managed to get a close up of the little critter before he went into hiding.

We went back to Bahau on Saturday morning. It was a slow and easy drive, not much traffic. I guess most of the people are either back in KL or have decided to come home only on Sunday night. We arrived slightly after noon. First thing we did was have lunch. After that I was a little tired from the drive and decided on an afternoon nap. Woke up a few hours later and we had tea, Banoffee pie from Ms. Read. Since there was no Ms. Read in Bahau, thought it'll make a good gift for her parents. Plus, they come in these nicely packed boxes. I made sure I picked them up on Friday evening after work. I went straight to Ms. Read and took 4 pieces. They had 5 left and while the waiter was packing the Pies, he dropped one flat onto the table. He cringed and I thought, "Please, don't drop either of the last 4". Eventually he managed to be more careful with the remaining pies. His co-workers laughed at him, either he is going to have his pay deducted or someone in the kitchen will have a whole lot of patch job to do. I hope it was the first rather than the latter.

Basically, it was a short trip as I needed to rush home this morning to attend the BMW Instructor's Academy interview. It was pretty tough, a lot of Q&A that I had to explain on some technical terms and how I rated myself as a driver. I took 8 and YS Khong, yes the rally legend said why I thought I was that good. He was quite insistent on why I said I was better compared to the other drivers in Malaysia, of course I'd say courtesy. What else? Duh! Like Rudy put in one of his blogs, there was this car that cut into his lane like a cicak. I don't doubt that there are good drivers in Malaysia, just that there aren't many of them.

So I've been out the whole day. Yen's been there to support me and waited for me to finish with the interview. After that we grabbed a quick lunch and headed to Merv's for a small CNY session. Yes, profits were good. Thanks Mr. Lee Wan Yee for your contributions. Well at least most of it came from Uncle Lim, so it's all good.

Enjoy the pics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home