Tuesday, July 10, 2007

the dragon and the phoenix



It's a shame, when I saw this photo in The Star, I thought it would win. It was taken by Crystal and it was a natural formation of both the dragon and the phoenix. I mean, usually you'll see cloud formations form and take shape of something, but this is a really huge coincidence that both the dragon and the phoenix should appear at the same time.

I don't think I'll need to talk about the dragon. It's been in countless tales from Chinese to the west. Sure you could count the number of movies that a dragon has appeared, but I really liked the take in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. There were a few breeds of dragons that appeared in the Tri-Wizard's Cup. It nearly got our young hero killed. To think at his age, he was battling dragons, what the heck was I doing? Playing tennis? Going into storm drains?

What is a phoenix exactly? It's a mythical bird that dies in flames and reborn in it's ashes. I believe there should be an appearance by Dumbledore's pet phoenix in the upcoming movie, the Order of the Phoenix. Once again, another mythical creature that has appeared in both Asian and Western folklore. So, if a phoenix has the power to resurrect itself, how did it become extinct?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home