Monday, July 09, 2007

The Samsung LA32R71B



I haven't had the time to write more about the new visual candy that I just picked up on Saturday. The Samsung LA32R71B, actually comes in either black or white. I actually saw the ad for SenQ in the Star on Thursday morning and informed my wife about it. So since we were in Plaza Damas on Saturday morning, I thought that we should go check it out.

Here are the specs that I managed to find online:

Diagonal screen size: 32 inch
Aspect ratio : 16:9
Additional features : Digital Natural Image engine; 10-bit signal processing;
portable media device support; HDMI terminal.
Dimensions (HxWxD) : 548.5 x 800 x 80 mm
Weight : 14.8 kg
Surround effects : SRS TruSurround XT
Total output power : 10W x 2
Video input : S-video, VGA, Composite video, Component video
Contrast ratio : 5,000:1
Additional features : 1366 x 768 resolution; 500 cd/m2 brightness; 8ms response
time; 12.8 billion colors; 178-degree viewing angle; HD-ready

It came with one year full warranty coverage and 1 year from SenQ. I bought an additional 2 years just in case. So far, the pictures are crisp with RCA cables alone, however it has 2 HDMI terminals and one DVI input. I've activated the Game option on the AV port that I plug my PS2 in. So far I've only managed to try God of War 2 on it and it was fabulous. For the first time, I was able to run it on widescreen aspect. You kinda see a bit more of the background.

Yesterday was the first time I watched the British Grand Prix on it and it was fabulous. With the smaller tv that we had in the room, it took up more space as it was thick and it generated more heat. With the Samsung, it was just warm and the colours were truly bright. Now I don't want to watch the race anywhere else but in the comfort of the room.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Ong said...

dude, the best place to watch a Grand Prix is always on the grand stand... irrelevant, ignore me.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home