Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Quite a night we had...

So, the results of my interview came back and the Sr Manager has decided not to hire me. His PA sent me an email yesterday to check if I would be available today. I was in the office, so I said OK.

I guess, it is time I sit and think where do I really want to go from here. I have no further interest in this department and my main goal was to get out of here. Looks like one by one, people are leaving. Come next month, we'll be facing another manpower issue again. This time, I will not be covering. To hell with department goals and to hell with all the performance bonus. I've just gotten news that last FY's performance was not that good. So, they are not expecting to give out a high payout. The frontliners have already gotten their one month bonus in January, looks like for professionals and managers, we've missed that ship.

I don't know what sort of feedback that I will be getting today, but I guess it should be fated that I do not move to JB after getting married. One, not good for a newly married couple and two, I don't even know JB town. But I do know one thing, I will not stay around here to be waiting for another chance.

On a lighter note, for the past week, Uncle Roger has been trying to arrange for a stag night with the guys. If they guys are not interested, he said he'll take me out together with Uncle Jack. To make things interesting, he'll bring my dad along. Ahem... not a situation that I would like to be in. On the other hand, Steven said that they will party till 10pm and be off. I will only need to put up with them till that time and I would be free to go home. Then again, Uncle Roger said that one hour would suffice. Hmmm, no thank you.

This all brings us back to last year when we arranged for Merv's stag night. It didn't turn out the way we had hoped it to be. Firstly, Merv had to open the shop the next day due to last minute changes. Next, well another brother got really drunk and was the one hugging the girls. Yes, he hogged both for himself. After that he ended up puking his guts out in the mamak. I must say, the person sitting at the next table eating his maggi mee goreng must have had an iron clad stomach as Yaz puts it. Here was a guy, sitting no more than 3 metres away, puking his guts all over the road and he continued to eat like nothing happened. Even with the sound of someone puking would put me off food.

Quite a night we had...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home