Monday, May 21, 2007

There are a few E36 and E30 for sale as well.

I got a call from Yaz yesterday asking about how much Ah Keong normally charges for a full paint job. I told him I think I remembered paying RM 3k for my Mazda. But then again, it could have been RM 2,500 or RM 2,750. He was quoted RM 2k plus to respray his Prelude. I think it would be rather steep considering I paid RM 2,500 or RM 2,750 for my car. Then again I could be wrong. Has Ah Keong raised his prices?

Yaz is considering in refurbishing his Prelude, which I thought should be about time. There's rust around parts of the car and he has been complaining about the gear synchromesh as well. So, gearbox, reconditioned unit for a B16A should be arout RM 1,300, paint job about RM 2k plus, and reupholstery of his car could come to somewhere around RM 600. I advised him to check out a shop in Segambut next to Esso. On Saturday after I checked out the Caldina, I saw one on the way home. I mean, it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.

considering he'll need at least RM 4k - 5k for refurbishing the whole car, I think it would be wise if he considered liquidating the car. I mean, it's served him well and if he has a spare car to use, why not? Ahem... there are a few E36 and E30 for sale as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home