Thursday, May 03, 2007

but that was like many eons ago

Ahh Labour day, a day of rest for all labourers like myself. While the rest of Malaysia celebrated another weekend this week, I had to work the next day because according to Singapore, their Wesak day falls at the end of the month. They must always be different, why?

So I thought I'd take the day easy when Yen popped a question saying that if we don't get the furniture and paint the room, she'll never move in by this month. So I thought, we'd go buy the paint and do it that day. So we made our way to Ikano where we stopped by Ikea and ACE hardware. We got the bed and cupboard, then headed off to ACE to buy the paint, rollers, brushes and etc. So after that we rushed home, I went directly to work patching most of the wall. After that, took a quick dinner then it was off to work.

I started painting at 7.30pm and managed to complete the room by 11 something. Yen helped with the edges, but I was really tired by the time I finished the last wall. Until today, my legs, back and arms are still sore. I've painted the room one time before, but that was like many eons ago. The last time I painted something was before I left for Australia when I volunteered to paint the gate. It really took me a long time cause I had to remove the paint, scrape off the remaining paint and start to sandpaper the gate. That took like a week plus, under the hot sun and rain.

So, yesterday we went to buy the mattress from Old Klang Road. All the items will be delivered on Friday evening, which is why I'm on half day tomorrow. It'll be a good day to also go to Western Digital to send my hdd for RMA. One section of the hdd is dead, and I have not gotten around to sending it in for repair.

So the next on the list would be to call the electrician to wire up a new power point. Then we'll move the TV in front of our bed. After that most of the things in the list is complete, with the exception of the things that I need to get rid of.

Merv's officially out from Bangsar. His mother-in-law has moved over to KL and according to the tofu seller, he was advised to move on Wednesday. Now I really do wonder, who writes these things up in the chinese calendar? How do they know when is it a good day to open business, when is it a good day to renovate, and when is it bad? How bad will it be? Well, to me it makes no difference, but since it don't hurt to follow, might as well do it since it costs nothing. If you can really avoid something bad, it's already worth the wait.

It's already May, I can't believe how fast time flies. In about a month, Yen will officially be my wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home