Saturday, April 21, 2007

It was called Sincere Accord Sdn. Bhd.



So, today is the day that the courier company promised to deliver the shipment to me. I actually received a call from the forwarding company on Thursdady night telling me that they can schedule the delivery for Saturday afternoon between 2pm to 4pm. I was thinking, wait a minute, I'm not working on Saturday and they are doing the delivery on the weekend?

I immediately told them that I wanted it on Friday and they told me that they could not do it before. What's the point of telling me then if you can't do it on a week day? They said that if I could not be there on a Saturday, then they told me that they will schedule it for Monday. So in the end I told them that I will be there. They said that the driver would call an hour before coming, sometime after 12pm. So I agreed.



I called up the Dell CS hotline on Friday morning and told them the situation. The lady who took my call said that she will personally check with the forwarding company. After a while, she confirmed that the note to the driver was that he will call 1 hour before coming.

With that in mind, Yen and I made our way for brunch. We had chicken rice in Happy Mansion in PJ. Right after brunch, I was heading towards KL when the driver texted me asking which Tower in Uptown 5 was I in. Bugger! I immediately called him and told him that I was in PJ and I would be heading to Uptown. I made an illegal turn, sped as fast as the car could take me and I ended up in Uptown. I saw a Skynet truck parked on the shoulder of the curb. It was the delivery man. I rushed to find a parking by the side of the road in front of the truck and went to collect my package. Looks like Dell really made a killing from the PC Fair sales. He had a lot of delivery stops to make. Judging by the amount of boxes in the truck, there were at least another 30 packages to be delivered.

As much drama it was trying to rush there so that the delivery guy would not leave due to no show, it was well worth it. My Fujitsu gave up on me a month ago. Speaking of the Fujitsu, I took it to a place in Jalan Kuching which accepts trade ins for used notebooks. I told them the problem and they said that they'll do a diagnostic on it. If it is repairable, they'll let me know how much and probably deduct it from the selling value. It's good to know that they didn't just rip me off by telling me that it's broken and they'll give me a 100 bucks for the hardware.

While I was there, I noticed a Honda spare parts shop. It was called Sincere Accord Sdn. Bhd. I had to check it out and see how much the prices were. The lady owner sold me a Japan made oil filter and a 4 litre bottle of semi-synthetic VTEC LEV engine oil for RM 80.00. I paid RM 98.00 for that same thing in PJ Paramount. So, guess they are really Sincere. So for all you Honda owners, that's a new place you should check out. The address is JALAN SELINGSING 4 ,OFF JLN KUCHING ,TAMAN SRI KUCHING ,51200 KL. You'll need to make a U-turn at the Kepong roundabout if you are coming from KL. Take the first turn to your left when you see a bus stop. Continue left at the T junction and just follow the road. Take the first left and first right. You should see a flat on your left and the shop is on your right.

Like I said, I could not wait to start blogging from my new laptop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home