Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Just put the cup there and press the button

So, this morning when I arrived in the office, I fired up Outlook and I find and email from my HR manager who has sent me a list of tasks that I need to complete before the workshop that has been scheduled for me tomorrow. Great, this fella really knows how to send it to us in the shortest notification time. Ended up, I've wasted a good night. Yen and I had to complete the assignments for tomorrow's workshop. It's so stupid, if you want us to come prepared with answers, at least send it to us a week in advance!

What's worst, the modules were completed half a year ago and he expects us to somehow find it in the deepest parts of our memories and recap what we've learnt online and write out a summary. If pigs could fly. So I spent the whole evening of the day printing out the course program book and finding the answers for all the questions to prepare the summary. Since Yen and I were attending the same workshop, I thought I'd print a set for her. Little did I know, she had already gone through the thing and informed me that I need to have 4 print outs of a certain logsheet and another 5 print out of my daily schedule. She did not print a set for me... Yes, I am upset that I could think of printing a set of answers for her and she did not even print out what was needed for me.

So I've received wind that the problematic staff has been dealt with and it's about time. She will receive no pity from the likes of myself nor my fellow reps. To hell with her and her attitude. It's like I always say, nip the problem in the bud and show no mercy. Another update is that the office has gotten one of those Nestle coffee machines. They have a wide selection of Nescafe, Cuppacino, Mocha, White Coffee, Teh Tarik and Milo. Now I have had a few in one of my station visits last month and I find that the Mocha was the best. It's basically Milo with Nescafe, but it just has that right amount of froth and the best part, I didn't have to make it myself. Just put the cup there and press the button. All I can say is, it's about time.

So speaking of time, one of the activities had me jotting down what I'd do in a day. I must say, the list started to look rather repetitive. Check emails, sign into complaints, work on complaints, update yesterday's complaints and callback on complaints. It's no wonder why life started to look sad. I deal with so much negativity in a day, it's not funny anymore. You end up asking questions on why does a company fail so many times, that it becomes a routine? Of course, I've been assured by my MD that the failure is just 2%. All this 2% is really making my head spin and I think working here has shortened my life by 10 years.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Ong said...

What a grand thing, to be loved.
What grander thing still, to love.
- Victor Hugo

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home