Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Unusual Birthday Wish?

So it's my birthday, we're gonna party like it's my birthday...

Yesterday I had my flu shots. FedEx provided it to all employees. I took it because it was free. No harm in getting it since it's provided by the company. Of course they'd inform me that there will be some minor side effects as with all vaccines. I was working when it hit me. My head started spinning and I felt a little dizzy. A colleague from the IT department came to ask me whether I was feeling dizzy. Turns out he was having the dizzy spells too. Others complained about numbness in the arm that the jab was given. I know for sure that I was dizzy and I had lost my appetite for dinner. Went straight back to Bangsar to tarpau and ate quickly.

I slept early too, by 10 something I was already asleep and in lala land. Woke up this morning and the headache was gone. Somehow I felt that today was going to be a good day. Now, what would make it even better is that I will receive a call from my future employer telling me to go sign the offer letter. Believe it or not, I got that call, but it wasn't how I expected it to be. The HR manager told me that to hold on and that they are hiring a new GM for the department. Asked when, and she told me very soon. So there will be no rush and that I have been assured of my job prospects there. My CV is good and that they will confirm a place for me once the whole reorganization settles down.

Unusual birthday wish? You bet! This is why I keep saying, be careful what you wish for, for it may come true... and you may regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home