Sunday, April 15, 2007

it covers spills, surges and drops



After much drama over the week, trying to get Ming Tzern to meet up to get the order in for the hp, turns out that we spent the whole afternoon buying the wrong laptop! Instead of a Core 2 Duo, he ordered a Core Duo. Damn, finally I thought, the heck with it I was going to the PC Fair and buying one from there.

I told him to cancel the order and I will try to pick one out from there. After much walking, I didn't managed to buy anything. One due to the amount of people there and two, I could not get anything on the spot that was good. The ones that had stock on hand were either not that reliable brands or were running Core Duo chipsets.

After today, I finally decided to go back to my original plan, which was to order a Dell. After spending two weeks with Merv's D410, I'm pretty much sold. Sure, it may feel a little plasticky, but it's the most affordable and also reliable. For one, I bought Dell's 3 year Complete Cover support. Yes, it covers spills, surges and drops. It's cheaper than the hp and it's still a reliable brand.

Chin Hooi just got his last week and according to him, he has already called their helpline. For one, his unit had a loose connection in the LCD screen and the display had a bit of a problem. When the service people arrived, they had a spare LCD on hand waiting to change just in case. Now, that's what I call being prepared. In fact, they will go to any location you are at, it doesn't have to be your home. I've arranged for mine to be sent to my office. Since I'm there most of the time, it'll be better for them to send it to me at work.

I've just gotten my order confirmation today and it should take 5 to 7 days for them to deliver the shipment. I won't hold my breath on that as with the response from PC fair, I think Dell will have their hands full. Last week was Penang, and this week is in KL. Come next week, it'll be in Ipoh. Since the units are built-to order, I doubt they will have any ready. So hopefully, come next week I will be able to return this to Merv and have my own laptop once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home