Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bukit Jalil Golf and Country Club isn't the closest venue

It was the worst ever company dinner I have ever attended. I thought last year's was a let down due to the entertainment. This year, I was determined not to go. However, Yen convinced me otherwise. She said that she was nominated for an award, therefore I thought I'll go support her.

In my mind I was thinking, if I didn't go I'd still have to send her there. Bukit Jalil Golf and Country Club isn't the closest venue. If I didn't go I'd still have to drive there and back, twice. In the end, I thought, what the heck?

So off we went yesterday. It took us 20 minutes to drive there. When we got there, the parking bay was outside on a patch of grassy area. It was not tarred and most of the comments that I heard from the people that got there at that time was, "What kind of parking is this?". It's a good thing that I did not wash my car.

This year, the committee for the annual dance and dinner party really screwed up big time. They set the starting time at 6.30pm. Well, generally, most of the people got there before it started. When we got in, the hall was not even half full. It was bare. 30 minutes passed and they realized that they could not wait any longer. The MCs got on stage and started without waiting for the rest to arrive. The MD made his way up to the stage 10 minutes later and made his speech. Of course, it was not heard by half of his employees, cause they weren't there to begin with!

The food was crap. It was a 6 course dinner and they served Tom Yam soup for the second course. Last year, at least the committee had the decency to offer Sharks fin soup. Sure it wasn't real shark's fin, but nevertheless it was classier. You mention Tom Yam soup to me and I immediately think road side food stalls. What an utter waste of time. To make matters worst, the food was not even that tasty and the fish was not even fresh.

Looks like it's true. It gets worst each year and the only way I'll be going to next year's dinner is that I make manager and am forced to go. Otherwise, I will not even bother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home