Saturday, May 12, 2007

if they didn't want to serve me, then I'd say, "Gua Bo Lui ar?"

Yen wanted to have Japanese for dinner a few nights ago. We went to Bangsar Village and found Mizu. I told her that the pricing there was that of a 5 star restaurant. Yeap, we went through the menu and decided on eating something else.

Since she wanted Japanese, I thought I'd check out Zipangu in Shangrila. Having the Prestige Platinum card, we get 50% off the ala carte menu. I think we were the two only people in the restaurant to wear t-shirt and shorts. I was thinking, if they didn't want to serve me, then I'd say, "Gua Bo Lui ar?", in Hokkien... translated to "I have no money ar?". Something I picked up from the Awana team building. The organizer Eddie kept giving examples of Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong saying that he could want just because he has money. True enough, I could have road to my house coated in gold if I had so much money.

So in we went, me in my Bata slippers. I made it a point not to buy expensive slippers after my Nike shoes got stolen outside Merv's house. Same goes for slippers. I used to wear Nike slippers, but ever since the point where I had my shoes stolen, I ain't going to bother with buuying expensive slippers anymore.

I ordered the garlic fried rice and Yen had the hot soba noodles. We had a starter, which was the garlic butter baked scallops served with some bread. After that we ordered deep fried soft-shell crabs and we shared a main course of teppanyaki tiger prawns. The scallops were something new, it was made the same was you would make escargots. They included some prawns and mushrooms in it and backed it with the garlic butter. My mouth is still watering from last night's meal.

After 50% discount, the meal came to something like RM 81.00. Not too bad for 5 star restaurant standards. Just before we left Shang, we stopped by Cinnamon, the new bakery. Because it was after 8pm, all items were 50% off. I bought a New York cheese cake while Yen bought a Lavender Raisins scone. That dessert really made my day. It was the smoothest and tastiest cheese cake I have eaten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home