Saturday, May 19, 2007

But looks like that dream will have to wait.

Woke up this morning to send Yen to work. She was going to Genting today for the team building activity that I attended two weeks ago. After dropping her off I headed to Yut Kee for breakfast. I ordered the usual 2 half boiled eggs and a set of toasted bread. Uncle Roger asked if I had a a heavy night yesterday. According to him back in those days, they will order this when they have had rough nightly activities.

Moving on, Yen forgotten to take her sunglasses, so I called her to let her know I'd swing by since I was at Merv's. After that, I had an appointment with my new insurance agent. When I bought my policy back then I had no idea what I was getting myself into. My mum selected the easiest "default" policy. Had good coverage and minimal medical claims. After much listening, I decided to enhance the policy a little, which meant I would have to pay an additional RM900.00 per annum.

Yen called and said that she left her iPod at home, which meant I had to cut the meeting short. I rushed home, got the iPod and rushed back to town. We went to Yut Kee, second time for me today, and had a quick lunch. Not much time to hang around as the shop was getting crowded and Yen had to wait for the bus.

After dropping her off again, I decided to go take a look at some cars. I made my way to Jalan Kuching and saw a couple of import cars for sale, namely RX8s, WRXs and my next target the Caldina GT-4 N-spec. Considering that we will be getting married soon, the GT-4 seems like a good choice to buy. I could not test drive the car as they had already parked it inside for the day. There were a couple of GT-4s there, some N-spec, some without. I finally noticed the difference. The standard GT-4 still comes with the 2.0 litre turbo engine driven by 4WD. The only thing that was missing was the Recaro seats, sport pedals, HID and reverse camera. The difference? 10 grand. Still for RM 160,000.00 and without sunroof, I will give this one a pass.

The reason why I choose the GT-4 over the other 4WD turbos is because it's a sport wagon. Ideal for a family man. I'd still have the space in the car to carry stuff and the car still has the grunt to boot. Ideally, I'd buy an Evolution and Yen will drive the Caldina. But looks like that dream will have to wait.