Thursday, May 31, 2007

I think I could have lied through my teeth.

I must say, it's been a while since I've not had a good night's sleep. I was quite worried about today's presentation that something may go wrong. I even brought my laptop along just in case the powerpoint done in Office 2007 may not work. The interview was scheduled for 0830hrs, but was delayed an hour. All the better, at least I can take my own sweet time to get to the office.

I reached there about 0900hrs and at the same time, the hiring Sr. Manager just arrived as well. He told me that the other Sr. Manager will be late. Sigh, looks like it'll be delayed even further. I got there, went to see his PA and she informed me that there is a small test that I needed to do after the interview. Great... more stuff to do. I was hoping to get out of there as soon as possible as today was a holiday. Looks like I'll have to scratch half the day off.

The interview went well, it's good to know that I hit a few points in my presentation that both Operation Sr. Managers could see improvement in the service. I guess being an internal candidate does have it's advantages. So I nailed the interview and the presentation. The only problem that I had was the test that followed. Another 2 hours of agony. Math questions and an article to read and analyze. After my presentation and interview this morning, the only thing that I wanted to do was to finish it and leave as soon as possible.

Internally, a lot of people are supporting me to get the position. Deep down, I don't even know whether I want that position or not. I know that I've given my best and when asked the question, how many years am I willing to commit, I think I could have lied through my teeth. I told them as long as it takes. If you want the job, you'll have to find ways to get it. If you are skilled and qualified, the only commitment left for me is to promise them that I will stay there as long as it takes. But hey, after 18mths, I'm free to go anywhere I want to. Regionally or not, I still am free to leave.

So, here I sit and wait for the results... hopefully it will be a favourable one. Favor to which side... I don't know yet. Either way, I will need to sacrifice something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home