Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm actually stuck at the crossroads at the moment

Yesterday was one of those days in the office. No managers in the office, now that's what I call, "No government". My manager was on leave and the other was transfered to the call centre in KL for a week. Woohooo.

The central airconditioning decided to act up and it was getting really hot. I couldn't believe that I was actually starting to perspire. It was hot so I made a complaint to the building management. I tell you, the person who controls the central aircond temperature must really get a kick out of messing with the dials. Hmmm, it's hot today, I think I'll make those office people suffer a bit. On some days, the temperature is so cold, you'd be sniffling on a hot day. It's just like driving a car, it won't go on a straight line no matter how straight you keep the steering wheel. Strange isn't it?

I've applied for the position of the Operations Manager for FedEx, but the job will be based in JB. Something that I am not really looking forward to, with the registration and all. I mean, Yen just moved to Bangsar and for me to move to JB, it will be quite problematic. My new to-be Senior Manager was in HQ yesterday so he decided to drop by to check-up on me. He told me that he has received the application and that he will be getting the other 2 Senior Managers together to arrange the interview. Gulp... it's bad being interviewed by 1 Senior Manager... but 3???

I'm actually stuck at the crossroads at the moment. One point, Yen and I will be settling down and getting married. The second would be a career progression that will not be coming unless I continue to wait it out. I mean, I've been waiting for this chance since I joined FedEx, how am I to give this up? Well, an advice that he gave me was that I will need to consider on moving to JB permanently, which Yen is not too keen on. I'm thinking, if I get this job, I'll be stuck there for at least 2 years, which is what the current JB managers are doing. They are both from KL and they drive back over the weekend and go back to work on Monday morning. It's about 5 hours drive down south, quite a distance. He told me that it will be very tiring, physically and mentally.

I guess, the next choice would be to leave this company for good. I don't forsee any other opportunity to move up here. When there are any openings in KL, the two managers from JB will have first blood. So what does that leave me? Nothing... unless I get the job stay there for a year and move to another company to come back to KL. Whatever decision I make, it will be stressful. I just feel like sitting at the crossroads and just do nothing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home