Thursday, June 21, 2007

Haaaa, you had a hot night!

I realized that it's been one week since my last update. Last Saturday, I made my way to Yut Kee, and before I even sat down, Uncle Shah who had already finished his half boiled eggs and toast ordered one for me. So I looked at him and smiled, "Haaaa, you had a hot night!". He replied saying that, "You too, that's why I'm ordering one set for you". Uncle Roger and Ah Seng just laughed away.

Ahh gosh, this is life. I mean, I just realized how much it means to sit there with them Uncle Shah, Uncle Roger and Ah Seng. Though they gather there at 0730hrs, I'm usually there by 0815hrs after dropping Yen off to work. I mean, these guys are really retired, or have retired, and are enjoying their lives. Even my wife was worried, why was I sitting with a bunch of uncles and that I would end up being one.

But jokes aside, they are good company. I remember I used to go there for Merv's company, but now he comes to the shop much later. Ahh, the power of delegation. But life wouldn't be the same without my visits to the shop for breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home