Friday, January 18, 2008

Flying cockroaches

I was listening to Fly FM this morning and half way through the show, Ben and Phat Fabes started shouting and screaming on the air. Well, for people who tuned in at that very moment, it would have seemed like an action stunt gone wrong. Turned out that there was a cockroach that was flying around in the studio that started the whole panic.

I hate flying cockroaches. It's not that I'm afraid of them, but they are more of an irritant. Come to think of it, these cockroaches that fly, they can't seem to control their flight patterns. It's like they've all of a sudden grown wings and decided to take to the skies, or so they think.

Believe me, every one has come across a flying cockroach in their lifetime. If you haven't, well then lucky you. As I was saying, their flight patterns are erratic and they seem to fly towards the nearest objecti in their sights. Don't believe me, try standing up when a cockroach is in mid flight. It's like their radar all of a sudden picks up the thing that's standing up and it attempts to make a landing.

When I was younger, I just ran. Now, when I notice a flying cockroach in the room, I roll up the closest newspaper or magazine, shaped like a baseball bat... stand up and hit a home run. Poor cockroach won't know what hit him. He's thinking he's flying up in the heavens and all of a sudden... BAM! he's in heaven...

Gosh, it just brings back funny memories when you think about things like that in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home