Monday, November 08, 2004

Shellshock Nam '67

Shellshock Nam '67 Posted by Hello


It's a lazy Sunday afternoon. Woke up at around 1pm, yes it's good to sleep in. Had something to eat that my dad bought. From the reminder from the ex-smbb groups, it's Y'ng's birthday today, so thought I'd just send her an SMS to wish her happy birthday. Got a reply a few minutes later telling me that her birthday was tomorrow instead. Kum Wah, you've gotta update that reminder!

After lunch, I thought I'd just give this game that I bought about a month ago a try, called Shellshock Nam '67. I tested the game when I bought it but guess it never stuck on. Since Gungrave, I was pretty interested in games with some shooting action. Shellshock seems to be the appropriate one. Nothing like getting into the trenches of Vietnam during the war and shooting some renegade rebellions from the Vietcong era. It takes a little getting used to as the controls aren't that friendly on the PS2. I think this game like Max Payne is a lot more suited to the PC, with a keyboard and a nice optical mouse. It's from Eidos, so it's pretty much like Lara Croft's adventures but minus the hot chick. Speaking of chicks, as a G.I., the military knows that every good ol' American G.I. needs some 'entertainment' for well, how do I put it? De-stressing?

You get to collect Chits in the game and once you've gotten a reasonable amount you can go up to this guy in the camp named Duece, who by the way goes with the tagline, "The Duece always produce!". You buy these passes and you get to go up to the mamasan in a village behind the base for some 'Boom-boom' with some local chicks. Unfortunately, the game's not rated X, so all you see is the hut shaking with lots of grunting and moaning. Yeap, what a total waste of time and chits!

Other than that the game is pretty entertaining, with this field commander who looks suspiciously like Agent Gibbs from the NCIS series. Oh well, talk about reality. Back to the game for some fraggin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home