Saturday, October 30, 2004

My Mahjong Set

My Mahjong Set Posted by Hello


Finally! After 2 days of searching... I've finally managed to pick up a mahjong set for myself. It's been tough, all the walking and countless browsing from shop to shop... but it's been all worth it! Even Wan Yee decided to picked up a set for himself. We went to Salak South at first, but all we could find was an old school version of the mahjong set. Did not look that nice, so we decided to skip it and look for one in SEA Park. When we finally got there, we saw this huge sign of 'Poh Mah, which is the brand of the mahjong set that we were looking for. Talk about desperate for a mahjong set!

Now that the Tiling Committee has been officially set up, our president Mervyn who provides our daily venue for tiling sessions, has called for the first AGM. All members except for Andrew were present for the first meeting. Wan Yee, Azuan, Jackson, Mervyn, Rudy and myself had our first two table session at his place tonight after breaking of fast with Rudy at Pizza Hut. Wan Yee had his 'virgin' mahjong set officiated by the members. My set on the other hand was broken-in this afternoon at my place. Oh yes, we will see many more tiling sessions to come. Now, Wan Yee has come up with the rule that every member of the Tiling Committee has to own at least one mahjong set, I'm just waiting to see when Rudy and Azuan will pick their's up. Ohh guys, don't buy the cash chips, Wan Yee and I've got extra.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want! :D

- myuu

3:40 AM  
Blogger HT said...

Hahaha... yes dude. We know you want it, and you know you want it! So what are you waiting for? Go out and get one. Now! To the windowwwwwww.... To the wallllllllllll!...

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Henry,

Stumbled across your blog while I was googling for places to buy mahjong sets in KL. Was wondering if you could tell me roughly where the shop is in Sea Park, or perhaps the address? I've been going crazy searching for good quality mahjong tiles...=P Thanks in advance!

2:21 PM  
Blogger HT said...

sooyin: sorry, couldn't reply to you directly as no e-mail add was left. hope you'll track back ere. Anyway, I don't have the full address, but if you know where the KFC is in Seapark, then just drive along the road till somewhere just before the middle. There's a chinese shop there that sells prayer items and mahjong sets. I can't recall the name as it's been a while since I've been there.

Just remember the landmark would be KFC, once you see it, turn into the road and just drive along it.

If you still have problems, e-mail me again :D

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Henry! LOL...yes, I managed to track back here...=) Thanks for your reply, yup, I know where KFC is, will go look for the shop.

Anyways, I've found another shop at Pudu that also sells mahjong tiles (and ginrummy as well as chips) and bought a set there...the carving is pretty fine, and quite a lot of choices too. Here's the address in case you ever wanna go take a look:

Toh Swee Hin Plastic Mahjong
40A Lorong Yap Hin
Off Jalan Pasar
Pudu 55100 KL
03-21428021

Thanks again!

9:49 PM  
Blogger HT said...

glad to know that you managed to get a set from pudu. yea, i've heard that there are a few shops there as well.

when my friends and i were looking for a set, we drove high and low, we went all the way to sg besi and then to tun razak near the jln ipoh interchange... and finally to this shop in sea park. they sell tables here as well, if you are interested :)

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check your sets carefully to make sure they are complete and has no duplicates or error in tiles

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I know where is sea park pls??

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much is a set of the mahjong?? Did u knw where can get it online?? Bcoz im in sabah.. i cnt go kl for nw.. anyone can help?? My email is thomsonlim89@gmail.com thanksss alot...

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much is a set of the mahjong?? Did u knw where can get it online?? Bcoz im in sabah.. i cnt go kl for nw.. anyone can help?? My email is thomsonlim89@gmail.com thanksss alot...

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much is a set of the mahjong?? Did u knw where can get it online?? Bcoz im in sabah.. i cnt go kl for nw.. anyone can help?? My email is thomsonlim89@gmail.com thanksss alot...

8:24 PM  
Blogger tml said...

Moved out

1:39 PM  
Blogger 大马贱民 said...

已經搬遷到Cheras KL.六哩村
電話 0123733517

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home