Saturday, November 06, 2004

Korean Food.. and a Carrera 4...

Today's a pretty standard day. It's Friday so had to wake up early to move my car outside cause the maid washes the garage. I was up till 4.30am yesterday clocking some good time on the PS2. After I woke up, it was practically impossible for me to get back into bed. So went through the daily routine of reading the newspaper over a cuppa juice and feeding the fishes. Checked my downloads and completed 5 episodes of Drew Carey's Green Screen Show. I was also doing some other downloads at the moment so took the opportunity to burn some stuff out to clear some space in the ol' hard-disk. Wan Yee called to meet Jackson and me for lunch. Was supposed to go to Chow Yang but it was pouring the whole afternoon, so we changed location to 1 Utama. At least we won't be drenched in there.

After lunch Wan Yee headed off to his appointment, while Jackson and I spent the rest of the afternoon in 1 Utama. Walked here, browsed there, and ended up in the old wing and straight towards Eneos! Can't resist a good accessory shop now, can I?
Picked up some sponges for washing and waxing and also checked off the list for a polishing cloth. After that, Wan Yee called to meet up for tea in Lucky Garden in the evening.

Met up with Merv, Andrew and Wan Yee for dinner. Merv was supposed to come pick us up, but Wan Yee showed up instead. He told me that Andrew had a changed of plans and decided to take the 2 seater tonight. I was like, hmmm.. his Pajero is a 2-door, but that doesn't make it a 2 seater. Then, it hit me! He took the other 2 seater, one that started with the letter 'P' as well, but this baby ain't any Japanese marque. It's the finest from German motoring and the only thing that I can think is better from Germany is a RUF tuned version of that car. The sweet and sexy Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet.

Got to Merv's place and he said that we will take it easy and have something simple. The moment he said that, it reminded me of what Gary said to the gang, "Simple guys, ok let's go Korean!". That was Merv's plan as well, so off to Hartamas to the Korean restaurant. I was a bit skeptical at first cause I haven't been to any good Korean restaurants in Malaysia. The last time I ate Korean was in Brisbane and it was good. Merv drove instead cause Wan Yee decided that taking 2 cars to Hartamas would be a hassle especially on a Friday night because of parking problems. As tempting as the Carrera 4 was, it wasn't designed for 4 people! Have a friend who calls the coupe's back seats the 'dog-seat' cause she didn't like climbing into the back of my 180SX. So in the end, we went in Merv's car, looks like it's really handy to have 4 door car after all.

I must say, the dinner at the restaurant was excellent! Really authentic Korean dishes and well I never doubt Merv's choices of restaurants. We had Kim Chi Fried Rice for 4, Kim Chi soup, BBQ beef, pork and chicken. I'm tell you guys, we over-ate! After the whole meal, I could hardly get up! Well, enough about the food, though my compliments to the chef... but there was some more important things to turn to. Back to oogling at the sexy German that was parked right in front of Merv's driveway.

Got back to Merv's place and the rain had just stopped. The Carrera 4 looked great even in the rain, it's got all the right curves in the right places. I never quite fancied Porsches, but the Carrera 4 proved to be a fine sports car. We were supposed to go for a ride in it, but with the rain and wet roads, we called it off. Managed to sit inside the cockpit and the leather trimmed bucket seats really provides good lateral support. As it is Wan Yee's dream car, Andrew gave him a chance to fire the beast up. He switched the ignition on and all 6 cylinders fire-up giving a sweet purr to the engine. I tried to convince Andrew to take the car for a spin and these wet conditions were well suited for 'dorifto...' Looks like I didn't convince him enough to do that. Come to think of it, it is insane to take an RM 700 THOUSAND car at high-speed sideways with the tyres screeching and struggling for traction.

Sigh, looks like all I can do now for the moment is dream about owning a car such as this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home