Saturday, February 19, 2005

Can You Say Crustacean?

Had to wake up early yesterday morning as I needed to go purchase a new aircond unit for my sis's room. That sister of mine apparently doesn't know how to use the a/c unit and has busted her's. Considering that it's the newest unit in the house, (mine you, my unit's a second hand unit from me dad's old office); it should have lasted the longest! But she's managed to damage it beyond repair, and god knows only how she did it!

I got a call later in the afternoon from Pauline. Surprise, surprise... She arrived home the day before and asked to meet up. I must admit, it's been 4 years since I've seen her. Picked her up from her apartment and took her to The Curve. Walked around a bit, saw a few policemen there. Thought it might be a routine check or something. I will relate this to today's headlines. We were sitting in Coffee Bean when I saw a van of CID officers arriving on the scene with a forensics toolkit. Hmmm, I thought that something must be very wrong. An ambulance arrive a few minutes later. Then another Pajero carrying a high rank officer arrive as well. View the headline on the link below: -

The Star Online

We of course didn't see any body or anything amiss, but seeing so many police officers in the Curve meant either a very good thing or a very bad thing. We left there without knowing what really happened until I saw today's headlines. Very saddening news. I hope the bastard which did this rots in hell! Or suffer a worst fate!

After dropping Pauline off, I went off to Sierramas to visit So Bee and her family. It's been a while since I've met up with her parents, I somehow think it's quite an odd feeling to visit one's ex-gf's family. Anyhow, was there till about 7pm when I made my way back to Bangsar to meet up with Merv and Rudy for dinner.

Those fellas wanted to go Lobsterman. Hence, Homarus Americanus it was. The tagline, "Where Everyday's A Lobster Day..." still rings in my head. I ordered the surf and turf, a half 500g Thermidor lobster served with beef. Rudy ordered a plate of cheese baked oysters. A bit too creamy for my liking. Not a bad dinner, sinful... but delicious! It's been a while since I've had lobster, the last time were crayfish, in Australia's seafood festival. They look like mini lobsters.

Straight after dinner, we were on our way to Rudy's house to have a round of mahjong when Zoe called to invite us over to her place. Rounded up the gang who were around, I dropped Rudy off to his place to get his set and his wheels. I went to get Wan Yee and he called Khay Hoi later. Since we were one person short in the second table, I called Ducky a.k.a. Kelvin who came straight from Chin Hooi's house. Again, Rudy the Holy Hands/Datuk/Kayu/Woody has the luckiest hand throughout the night. He grossed RM80 from the night's game. He apparently up by close to RM200.00. Looks like he'll be treating us Homarus Americanus again! Hahahaha! Yes Rudy, this time I want you to buy me dinner! (Just kidding)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home