Sunday, February 13, 2005

Ups and Downs

I've always imagined that I'd lose quite a bit in mahjong. Maybe it's because that I don't see myself having much luck in gambling throughout our sessions. It is a popular belief that luck affects how our game goes throughout the session. Even in a game of tennis I'd depend on luck to execute winning shots. It's not always I can aim a good ace on the serve.

Wan Yee called up at 3pm to announce that he was back in KL. Merv was away on a day trip to Ipoh, the dreaded place of heat with hot looking chiqs! Even he has admitted that he saw quite a lot of cute hot chiqqas there. But unfortunately they are only there for the holidays. Come working day, they'll all be back in KL. I've often reminded myself not to look for an Ipoh girl for a girlfriend or wife. All the years I've dreaded making the journey back there. Sigh, somehow I have a feeling this statement will come back to haunt me later in life.

Now, back to the game, Wan Yee called up to set up a session of mahjong gambling. He's been stuck on the island of Penang too long. I don't blame him, I was pretty bored in Ipoh, but thankfully for a session of mahjong there, I found it easy to pass time. Poor guy didn't even have a single gambling session there. He called up Azuan and told him to meet up at my place at 4.30pm. I did pretty well in that session, was up RM 107.40 at the end of it. Told them that I'd buy them and Merv dinner.

According to Azuan, the people who have bought their friends dinner didn't fare too well on the gambling table after. I don't know why, but it sorta affects the luck. Strange, I didn't really believe in that, but I guess I was bitten by the myth too. After a filling dinner in A&W, PJ, we headed back to Merv's for session 2. I sat through the whole night with very bad luck. After that session, I was down about close to RM 100.00. Mental note to self, no buying dinner until CNY is over!

But anyhow, I of course was quite tired as we were gambling a good half of the day away. The second session ended at about 2.30am! Crazy! My eyes were half open by 1.30am. Easy picking for them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home