Friday, February 11, 2005

Hot, Hot Chinese New Year!

Woke up at 8.15am on Tuesday. I have left the car dirty over the weekend. Since it's Chinese New Year's eve, thought I'd just wash the car before I leave for Ipoh. After that, showered and took a light breakfast. We left KL at about 11.15am. My dad drove half the journey before he handed me the driving seat. I must admit I was a little sleepy but luckily I slept a little on the beginning of the journey. The drive was very pleasant. Sigh, too bad it was the Waja, overtaking was not what I enjoyed throughout the journey.

Reached Ipoh at about 1.10pm. I headed straight for my grandma's place in Pasir Pinji. Dammit, the thing about driving in Ipoh is that the small bikers are king of the road. I hate them! Imagine one biker, with a small bike hogging up one whole lane by himself! Ridiculous! If that rider were in KL, I'd give him a piece of my mind!

The moment I stepped out of the car, it was freaking hot! I couldn't stand it at all. The stay there isn't too pleasant either. Sleeping on the sofa isn't exactly the most comfortable space and the living room is like an oven! Took a lot of showers while I was there until I lost count!

Since we arrive around lunch time, met up with mum and we headed to Ipoh Garden for lunch. My sis stayed at home, so I went with my parents. Got to the restaurant, noticed a nice chiq sitting across our table. She was quite hot, but went about ordering my food. That chiq was looking at my table, and when she got up to leave, the lady, presumably her mum came over and greeted my mother! I was like, 'Ooooooh, am I going to have a chance to meet this chiq?'

My mum introduced me and the lady was my mum's ex-boss. Shit, strike one! The odds of me getting to know this chiq was starting to go down the drain. Shimatta! Then they left, and I didn't even get to know her name, strike two! Then after a while, the lady's husband arrive, also my mum's ex-employer. He invited us over to his house for the First Day of CNY. Hopes were starting to come back now. Then as their conversation began to flow, he said that his daughter was currently pursuing a PhD. in Genetics and is currently in Singapore. Strike Three! "You're out!"

Went back home, trying to forget my chances with her. Sigh, maybe it is out of my league. Anyhow, the situation at home didn't get any better. It was very hot! Drank as much water as I could to prevent from getting a sore throat or fever. Last thing I need is to fall sick on Chinese New Year. My cousin arrived from Singapore and we had our reunion dinner, very nice dishes, yumz!

After dinner, went over to my aunt's place in Menglembu. Drove there as my dad went out. Hehehe, I used to hate coming here as there was nothing to do. Now, it's time for mahjong! But alas, it wasn't a very good night for me. Ended up losing close to RM20.00. Not much by KL standards, but then again, this is Ipoh we're talking about. They play RM 0.10 per point. That is very cheap! Plus spent most of the time getting used to the house rules, and I must say, it's more enjoyable playing in KL.

End of day 1.

Had trouble sleeping on the first night. I was still trying hard to adapt to the weather there, and I wasn't doing such a good job. Tossed and turned on the sofa, but at least I still managed to get a few hours of sleep. Woke up at 9am, that's really early by my standards. Got up, showered and had a light breakfast. My grandma made some nice "Lin Gou", fried with eggs. Lingered around the house, went over to aunt's place where my parents ate vegetarian lunch. I just watched TV. They finished a.s.a.p. as they needed to go to my mum's ex-employer's open house. I was tempted to go and chat up the chiq, but my uncle from Australia just got to Ipoh and he was coming over to my grandma's place. Maybe this wasn't fated, sigh...

Came home, my uncle came and he was chatting with my grandma. I nearly fell asleep on the sofa! It was so hot and such a lazy afternoon! Was thinking about taking revenge for the losses on the previous night, but I didn't go. After all that chatting, dropped my uncle off at Jusco. Made my way back home, showered and got ready for dinner. Spent the night watching My Restaurant Rules, Enterprise and Smallville. Thank god I brought my notebook!

Slept at 3am, thought about the journey back to KL. Aircond...

It was nice to meet up with my grandma, that's probably the main reason why I go back each year.

The journey home wasn't that exciting. I drove halfway again, took over from my dad in Behrang. There was a gridlock on the opposite side of the highway. The cars were not moving from Sungkai to Tanjung Malim. Bad traffic. Fortunately for us, the drive back to KL was rather smooth. We left Ipoh at about 1.25pm and reached KL at 3.15pm. After we reached home, I put the bags in my room, drove my car out for petrol. Left the car half empty when I went to Ipoh. Was driving back from the petrol station when I decided to make a swing by Merv's place. True enough, there was a session going on. Played a while and made some cash. Left to go for dinner in my aunt's house in Pandan Indah. Yumz! Nice tasty curry chicken. Never missed a year, it's an annual ritual!

Came home, went over to Merv's place. Ended up the night with a positive side to my capital. We'll see how this luck holds throughout the CNY sessions.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home