Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Day of Shopping with Zoe

Last night's tennis game was good. I was early and I arrived at the court at 8.30pm. Saw Belinda playing tennis with Siew Ying, under Clifford's training. They guys were late as usual and Siew Ying asked if she could stroke while I was waiting for the rest to arrive. Had a few good runs before the rest arrived and we started playing a serious game. Surprising, Rudy's improved his strokes. Had a few surprising shots from him that caught Wan Yee and I off guard.

We skipped our usual teh tarik session as the guys wanted to sleep early. We were all going to watch the match later that night. And speaking of which, it was a great match that Man United won! Even with 10 men, we still trashed Arsenal for the bragging rights this season. Beat them in all the meets this year. Must admit it was well worth my time waking up in the wee hours of the morning.

Woke up at 1pm this afternoon. Was about to get ready to go out and tarpau something until Zoe sms-ed saying that her bro was not going with her to Times Square. Since I needed to go downtown in the afternoon to do some pickup, I called her up and asked her out to lunch. We went to Merv's shop and ran into Uncle Sam, Uncle Roger and Uncle Chan Kong. Had the stew rice, while Zoe had the Yin Yong Noodles.

After lunch, it was off to Times Square. Was stuck in the traffic jam and the Familia's aircond compressor decided not to cooperate. It got really hot after a while. I was cursing the jam silently...

We got there, went straight to Debenhams and Zoe was there to pick up her top and skirt. She asked for my opinion when we were there on Monday, and must say that she looked good in it. Stunning... not something that you would see her wear usually. I guess she is really taking this phase of being more "girly" seriously. After her manicure session on Sunday, I must say she may be wanting this more genuinely. Who could imagine? But I should be supporting her. Who wouldn't want a girl to be more girly?

Went to dinner in Checkers, had the pork tenderloin and sausage coupled with mashed potatoe and a salad. Interesting dinner, but I must admit, should've ordered what Merv had, the Porky's Best. Good rib and fatty meat. Hmmmm.. I think I will make a mental note to order it the next time I'm there. The place was small, smaller than what I remembered. But then again, it's been a very long time since I've been there, so that could explain why.

What to do tomorrow? It's a good thing to know that I'm more relaxed now because I've recovered all my funds from the investment. I see a few white hairs... signs of stress from worrying about the funds. Now that I've gotten the funds back, it's time to look at the next conquest. Scuba diving...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home