Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hot Aircond in my Ride... and new rims and rubbers on Merv's

I only got about 5 hours of sleep on Monday night. Woke up at 9.30am when Merv buzzed me. Luckily he managed to wake up. My alarm was set for 8.30am. Clearly I overslept! Rushed out of bed, showered, went to the bank and then back to Merv's place.

We dropped off my car at the aircond shop that he recommended to check what was wrong with the unit. Lately it's been getting hot during idle and cold again when I'm on the move. I was thinking it's the compressor, but it turned out that the cooling coil was busted and leaking. Managed to get it replaced for RM 260.00.

After dropping off my car, we went to tarpau KFC for Merv's Bodhi Tree and shop's staff. Made a quick stop over at Bodhi Tree before we made our way down to Klang. Merv eventually settled for a set of 15" Volk Racing TE37 replicas covered with Bridgestone Potenza GIII rubbers! That's the rim that I am looking for, hmmm, I think I'll wait for my shock absorbers to be changed before I lay in the new rubbers.

Initially he wanted the set of Lenso's, but because they didn't fit as his PCD was 114.5, he settled for the TE37s that I love so much! Now the Mazda looks really menacing!

We went back to KL to pick up a charger and some rechargable AA batteries for my walkie. After that, we headed to pick my car up from the aircond man. Got there, paid and picked up my car. The car was cold when I got it, drove back to Bangsar and it started to get a little stuffy. I called the shop up and brought it back there. The service I must add, isn't that good. They told me that the aircond was cold when they tested it. I'm still doubting whether they tested it at all! Brought it back to the shop, they released the old gas and filled up with some new ones. They didn't even explain to me what was wrong with it! Talk about dodgy service!

Anyway we had our tennis session that night and it was difficult to play. One of the more humid nights and we felt really tired. We ended the session early, one hour. That was it, and we headed for yumcha in Lucky Garden's Mahbub.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Gaydos said...

Whoa, that is tricky. Without finding the reason behind the problem, you’ll probably have a hard time figuring things out when it comes again. On the other hand, your new tires should give you a reason to be happy. It does look good on your car. :)

Regards,
Sebastian

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home