Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Initial D

Initial D - The Movie Posted by Hello


Wow, the past few days were crazy. I didn't realize how long it's been since I've fired up the PS2. Managed to complete two games in my collection, Killzone and Urbz. Personally I prefer the Urbz: Sims in the city, as I loved the Sims series. Basically you run an alternate life in the game where you create a character and see him through his daily routines. E.g. simple tasks such as eating, going to the loo, taking a bath, watching tv, getting a job, getting a social life, etc. Got this game like half a year ago, but it's been sitting there in cold storage cause I just didn't feel like starting it. But got around it, and I've gotta admit that this latest installment from Maxis (not the telco provider) is a great game! Features tracks from Black Eye Peas in Sims language. For those who have played any Sims game, they will know that the Sims speak in a unique language. I think it sounds a little Latin, French, Spanish and gibberish all mixed in one!

I've finally managed to finish the game and now am looking for some time to have my own social life. Everyday it was like going to bed late and waking up early so that I could finish the game. Ohh yea, the members of the Black Eye Peas make an appearance in the game, so if you're a fan and have always wanted to get close to Fergie (the chiq in the group), you can do so. But remember when you are Kissing her, make sure Will.I.am is not around or he'll give you a fistful. Hehehe.

Now back to the movie. I am so excited to watch this film come to life! I think it's been in production for some time now. It's better late than never. Hmmmm, I wonder if they'll have an English dubbed version for release in Australia? It's going to be wierd watching a Chinese show dubbed in English. Or probably subtitles like they've always done with international screenings. Though come to think of it, I haven't seen any HK movies while I was over in Brisbane. The last international film I watched there was 'The City of God', with Kay (this Thai chiq from Bangkok). Like I said, I have no qualms marrying a Thai chiq.

I've heard comments that some people think that Jay Chou may not be suitable for the role of Takumi Fujiwara, but who else do you think should play the role? There's no denying that he's the hottest teenage star in the Chinese music scene at the moment. Though I am interested to know what language be used for the film. Now Jay's a Taiwan star and speaks no word of Cantonese. The rest of the cast are HK actors and a Japanese actress. Here are the cast member: Edison Chen (Ryousuke Takahashi - Red Suns), Jordan Chan (Kyouichi Sudou - Emperor), Shawn Yue (Takeshi Nakazato - Nightkids) , Anthony Wong (Bunta Fujiwara - Takumi's dad), Kenny Bee (Takumi's boss), Chapman To (Itsuki Takeuchi - Takumi's best friend) and this Japanese chiq named Anne Suzuki who plays Takumi's love Natsuki Mogi. This movie is directed by Andrew Lau and it's scrip written by Alan Mak, yes the very same people who brought you the Infernal Affairs Trilogy. The movie should debut on Malaysian shores somewhere in the middle of the year. I am counting down the days!

Dorifto!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home