Saturday, October 06, 2007

THS 02 Optimus Prime

Finally, after too much of watching Transformers lately, I downloaded the G1 classic carton as well. All of that watching got me going down memory lane once again. I still remember the time when my parents agreed to buy me my first Transformers toy. I was given a choice, the original classic Optimus Prime from Takara or the Hasbro classic Grimlock.

So being a small kid, I always liked the leader of the Autobots. Therefore I took Prime over Grimlock. Although as we all know, Grimlock was stronger, I guess he's got a brain the size of a peanut.

This time, after much searching I managed to find the THS-02 Hybrid Style Convoy edition. It's designed by Shoji Kawamori and it's very limited. The retail for this was RM189.00 when it came out last year. I managed to buy it for RM 219.00, 30 bucks more off eBay. It's a pretty good buy considering the prices posted there started from RM 249.00 ranging all the way till RM 269.00. So I locked the buy and collected it today at Amcorp Mall.

I don't think I'll be opening this one, it's more of a collection, same as the Metallic Finish Megatron. Finally, an Optimus Prime that looks like Prime. You see, the classic mould for Prime had a gap, where the radiator grille is. That forms his arms. I didn't quite like that design. But this THS 02 model, it seals the gap once you transform the arms, so it looks as close as possible to the one in the cartoon.

I've also managed to secure the classic Grimlock from this seller. So, it's like a childhood dream come true. I'll post the pics up once I get it later this evening.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home